
I have been blessed the most wonderful of grandparents, all of whom have played a big part in my life. My brother and I were lucky to spend a lot of time growing up with our maternal grandparents Walter and Elaine Brown. They both taught us so many things about being generous, caring, imaginative and always learning something in the process.
My Grandmother Elaine passed away peacefully on Monday evening at the age of 92. My mother, my two aunts, my dad, brother and I with her thoughout her last day. We had all been able to spend a good deal of time with her over the last week. It's so comforting to know she is with my grandfather to whom she was married for 60 years.
I am so thankful for the wonderful relationship I had with her, for all the things she taught me, and for Emily being able to know her so well. Raising three daughters she knew a lot of about bringing up girls I can only hope to do as well as she did. We will miss you and never forget the amazing woman you were.
5 comments:
92!!! You can't argue with that length of life! I'm so sorry for your loss - it sucks quite frankly. But yet so at peace that she is reunited with her love of 60 years - that is good for both of them... Be happy and thankful with your wonderful memories.
Christa... very beautiful.
Christa,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss but so glad you were able to spend so much quality time with your grandma, up to the end. I love the pictures you pulled together. What a beautiful tribute!
(((hugs))) Keely
Awesome tribute Christa....sorry to hear about your loss but she is now with the love of her life...big hugs
OMG
i am soooo sorry to hear about your Grandma....hugs to you and your family....love you
Post a Comment