Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Being a mom is my favorite thing in the whole world! I love this girl so much and I am so lucky to have her in my life!








We had a fabulous and beautiful afternoon on Saturday at The Phoenician resort. They serve a traditional English high tea every afternoon in their gorgeous lobby. Well if you know us at all you know we are not fancy, traditional or do well in gorgeous settings....see this post...but we put on our fancy clothes and our British accents and headed out!





We had a fantastic three course tea.



The tables were beautifully set with gorgeous china and sliver.





There were about 20 teas to select from then brewed just for you in a gorgeous pot.

























Grandma Brown would have loved it all especially the adorable cucumber sandwiches....the first course was delicious sandwiches, Emily loved the smoked salmon and dill, my favorite was the asparagus with parma ham.





































The second course was delicious scones with Devonshire cream, lemon curd and strawberry preserves. The were so good!









Emily reading her tea leaves...hope she doesn't see The Grim




OK the desert course was so beautiful! I can't pick a favorite, but the shortbread was fantastic and the chocolate biscuit was amazing!







1 comment:

BHA said...

I love it! You both look beautiful. I want the dishes and teapot....and a bite of everything. Love you, btflnana