Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring is here.....

I have been a lazy blogger the last month but there has been a LOT going on!

Spring break came and went and for us that usually means Disney! We spent 5 days at Disneyland this year and had an absolute blast, the weather was beautiful and did so many things!







































































This year we decided to buy annual passes so you can bet we will be going back really soon!

Oh yeah on other little Disney related thing....a few of my friends and I decided that we were going to do the Disneyland Half Marathon, Labor Day weekend! Yea I know what you're thinking.....how the heck are you going to run a half marathon! Well I can assure you there will not be a lot of running involved! I did two other half marathons about 10 years ago, when my feet and knees were about 10 years younger and swore I would not do another! But the girls I am running with are simply the BEST and the idea of running through Sleeping Beauty's Castle and down Main Street USA, through California Adventure and around the bases at Angels Stadium was a pretty big incentive! So I have been walking several days a week building up my speed and distance and with just about another 5 months to go I am sure I'll be all set!

One other teeny tiny little thing! For all of you who have been living under a rock somewhere....I have been contracting for about the last 18 months and really liking my job, but not so much liking the uncertainty that comes along with having to wonder if your contract would be resigned every 3 months. I found out in February that it was a pretty good chance I would not get renewed past the end of March....SO i started sending out resumes and found there were more jobs posted than I had thought there might be.....Well it only took one resume it seems! I went through 4 interviews and was offered an Senior Quality Assurance position in Scottsdale with Go Daddy! I guess that makes me a Go Daddy Girl...yea not so much! I started last week and am absolutely loving it so far! The team I am working with is fantastic, I am going to be working in the group that develops all their internal applications. It is such a great company and I am so excited for the opportunity to work there!

We took our Kayaks out today for the first time this year and had a wonderful Easter Sunday paddling around Bartlett Lake, we spotted an owl and a blue heron. It was a great day and hope we can get out on the water again soon!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful spring!

2 comments:

cami said...

Good to see you guys yesterday! :)

Shannon said...

Yeah about going to Disneyland....and can't wait for the run....well maybe the run part but can't wait to run around Disneyland with you!!!!