Sunday, May 24, 2009

Locks of Love

Emily decided a few weeks ago that she wanted to cut her hair. I made her wait a few weeks just to make sure she really wanted to do it and that she wasn't going to change her mind. She has the most beautiful thick blond hair that she has only had trimmed in the past few years and it had grown about halfway down her back. Knowing that it was going to be a lot of hair to cut we decided to see what the details were for donating it to Locks of Love. Fortunately she more than met all the requirements for donating!
Yesterday was the day! Emily had an appointment with our FAV hair stylist Jason, and he wasted no time getting started.




Very quickly the pony tail was cut! YIKES! The salon even did the paperwork and sent the hair off to Locks of Love for us!










Then Jason took his time and gave Emily an adorable new haircut!











It came out soooo cute! Emily did get a bit emotional as soon as we were in the car and cried for a few minutes wondering what did she do! But over the rest of the day and today she seems to be loving her new style, and we hope someone who needs it will get a beautiful blond hairpiece!


























2 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to go Emily....I think that is an awesome thing to do and your new haircut ROCKS!!!!!

Michelle Aguilar said...

Wow, that is totally cool and so rewarding for some other little girl.
I did this when I was 12 years old, as I used to sit on my once long hair.

Good Job!