Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Charm or Strikes, Charms, Swaps and Camp

Well things have finally slowed down a little bit for us....phew!

But it seems things never get boring!

After our Odyssey adventure was over, I decided it was time to start looking for a new job....because starting two new jobs in the last year just wasn't enough ;) .

No really...my job hadn't been a good fit for my experience from the beginning, and it was not somewhere I could have learned and grown doing what I really enjoy. Job searching this time was a much quicker process than I had thought it might be, and I was lucky to find a QA position at a small software company here in Phoenix called Bayern Software, it seems like a great fit and I am really excited about starting! Like the saying goes...."Third time's a Charm" or as it has been pointed out to me "Three Strikes and you're out", lets hope not.

I have been off for a couple of weeks waiting to start on June 30th, and I've been busy and creative! Working on some swaps for Creative Escape a scrapbooking retreat I am lucky enough to be going to in September. I signed up for several swaps with other girls who will be going including a charm swap, and two altered card swaps. I have finished my ATC cards, one of my playing cards, and my charms.
Charms











Altered Trading Card














Playing Card
still need to make two more designs....but I like the first!





This was enough of a creative boost to get me excited about working on some other projects I have been wanting to do. I have always wanted to try a fabric album after seeing the one on Donna Downey's blog last year, well this week the new Tena Sprenger mini-book class at BPS was announced, and it was a heritage fabric album .




That was all I needed to get me going. I created a 6 page circle fabric book with pictures of my mom and her sisters growing up. It was so much fun and I love how it turned out!































Emily spent a week at Girl Scout Camp in Payson. She and her friend Lauren went to Paddle Poll and Roll camp where they learned canoe and kayak skills while participating in lots of other camp activities like crafts, cookouts, hikes, rock climbing and a sleep out under the stars! She had a great time, and I hope she can teach me what she learned about kayaking when the weather cools off a bit.


She leaves for her 14 day Alaska Adventure with the People to People Student Ambassadors in a little over two weeks, we are both really excited and I am sure she will have lots of pictures and stories to share when she gets back!


Hope your summer is keeping you just busy enough.

No comments: