Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Party

We had our big Halloween party this past Saturday, and it was just as much fun as we could have hoped. We have wanted to do a big Halloween costume party for so long and this year we finally did it! We've been working really hard for the last month on getting everything ready, invitations, decorations, costumes, menus, games and fun! We invited the whole sixth grade from school, over 40 kids, plus several other friends....and to answer the bigger question...yes I am crazy! But it all worked out just fine, we had 20 kids, and four adults for the party on Saturday and everyone had a blast!
I had scheduled a while back to meet up with several of my friends from Creative Escape for a crop at Scrapbooks Etc. on Friday night. Well I could have used the night to work on things for the party but couldn't miss out on the crop....so i used it to make some things for the party! Cami had given me some great giant BOO chipboard letters that I embellished, and I made some great prize ribbons for the costume contest. A while back I made a Halloween banner like the one from CE and used the word Spooky, I love how it turned out!














Saturday morning it was time to get going with the party prep! Luckily my mom was able to come for the WHOLE day and help me get ready! Here is mommy making some great mummy cupcakes! She also made some great eye ball deviled eggs, some mummy hot dogs and some stands for the scare crows. She was here from 8:30 and left just as the first kids started to arrive at 6ish.....I couldn't have gotten everything ready without her! Thanks so much mom!!!!

The finished cupcakes, mummies, skeletons, and monsters...I love them!

















The house looked great and it was time to party!The kids really went all out on their costumes, we had a few pirates, a few witches, a beautiful Geisha, a clown, girls from the fifties and sixties and some zombie girls. The boys covered all the scary characters but there was a musketeer, and the favorite....one of the boys came dressed as their teacher from last year Mr. Chaloner, he had a picture blown up to the size of his face and made a mask out of it, so clever!

Here are the girls, Emily as a pirate in the middle. With Victory, Grey, Paige and Liz, all the girls in red and black, it must have been the costume this year!















Mr Chaloner, some of the girls, and the whole group...






Apple bobbing, mummy wrap and scarecrow making were all big hits!












The mummy on the left is Emily.....

The back yard after the TP mummies......











Then it was time for the costume contest winners the kids all voted and the winners were Mr. Chaloner for Most Original, the clown for cutest, Grim Reaper for scariest and Pirate Emily for Best Costume.

It was a great party! Thanks to Suz, Darren and Mom for all your help!

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christa,
Love this blog. Quick, can you schedule a flight and help us throw an impromptu Halloween party? Emily, your costume is fabulous. You're the most beautiful pirate I've ever seen. Glad y'all had fun. Update us on trick or treating. love, Sally xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

How fun was that!!!!!
Sounds like everyone had a fabulous time.

Shannon said...

Looks like you had a wonderful party and an even better time...love how the spooky banner came out. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.