Well I spoke too soon. This afternoon the owl turned up again in about the same spot in the back yard. I am hoping it's like the Owl rescue guy told me yesterday and he is trying to escape the heat! We have had three days of heat advisory in a row, so it's HOT. Today he was sitting up a little higher on a ledge toward the bottom of the fence but still under the lemon tree. Later on this evening I went out to check on him and he was gone from that spot, I looked around a bit more and found him sitting up on the fence in between our yard and the Kessner's. I think our cat Maisie must have spooked him because he was keeping a very close eye on her...she would make a great meal.....she far outsizes him but he has some big claws not sure who would win that fight!
My friend Bill pointed out that the owl could be on a special mission to deliver mail from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Emily will be 11 in a little over a week and that is the age students start school there in Harry Potter world! So perhaps he has a letter to deliver to Emily written in green ink.... or perhaps i have read too much Harry Potter this summer! So in the mean time we have nicknamed him Pigwidgen after Ron's owl in Harry Potter, and are hoping he is just looking for a new home and not hurt or lost.
1 comment:
oh no!! Now I know that Ron gets an owl instead of his sleeping rat! You spoiled it for me!! Cam and I started reading book number one FINALLY and I can't put it down. I love that I know what you guys were talking about and maybe the owl is delivering a message for me and he's lost!!!! Or maybe it's "you-know-who" in disguise just WATCHING and WAITING!!
Post a Comment